goodbye.

 to you,

I’m forever grateful! thank you for showing me that I’m capable of loving someone unconditionally. you’ll be my first love forever. even though you didn’t reciprocate my feelings like the way i reciprocated yours, thank you for liking me for a while. to hold onto you for 3 years was the easiest thing that my heart and brain have done. it’s been almost two years since we last talked. I hope you’re doing well. I have deleted your number and I hope you have deleted mine too. I’m glad that you weren’t with me during the hardest time of my life in 2022 when I lost my grandfather or else, I would’ve been still clinging onto you until now haha. Sorry, jokes apart, you don’t have to worry about me coming back to your life because I would not. Being young and naive, I thought our lives should be surrounded by love, the kind of love that somebody else gives to you but in reality all you need in life is to love yourself and be kind to yourself. The 15 to 18 year old Meena was desperately trying to win your heart so you would give me all the love in the world. As a 20 year old, I realised I was only hurting myself to live in a fantasy world that I didn’t belong. The older you get, the wiser you become they say, hence, I am more biased to protect my own feelings. You are an important phase in my life and I want it to remain as my past phase I cherish. 


Goodbye. 









Comments

Popular Posts