do all couples in teen romantic comedy movies have an happy ending?

         What do you call a person who isn't interested in materials but still wanted everything that makes them an ideal individual? I know, this is indeed confusing yet intriguing. For instance, I dreamed about going to a Convent secondary school when I was in my early primary days because apparently Convent girls are considered 'it girls'. I craved to become one of the 'it girls' by just going to an elite school and got myself into one of the Convent secondary schools. As a twelve year old approaching thirteen, I assumed if I put all my energy and focus into something, the universe will somehow do it's tricks and give me what I wanted. That's what I exactly did when I had a crush on the guy I met at tuition. He had the perfect smile, calmest eyes and the voice that reminded me of waves at beach; so soothing, not too high-piched, not too deep. In my fifteen year old eyes, he was the Peter Kavinsky to my Lara Jean. So yes, I did put all my energy chasing that guy to fall in love with me. I assumed that my so-called "love life" will magically turn into a teen romantic comedy movie that has a happy ending. My teen romantic comedy movie had a happy ending when the guy confessed to me. Unlike regular teen romantic comedy movies, my happy ending turned into a sad ending in two weeks after the confession. It made me wonder if all couples in teen romantic comedy movies got married and had a happy family? 


                                                                 Peter Kavinsky (Noah Centineo) & Lara Jean (Lana Condor), To All the Boys: P.S I still love you

Comments

Popular Posts